Maca root powder is a delicious addition to your diet that is full of antioxidants. Maca is an adaptogenic herb that is known to balance hormones and promote fertility. It is sometimes referred to as “nature’s viagra” (though this one is also for the ladies). I like to mix up a batch of these no-bake “cookies” and eat a couple with my breakfast.
Maca Coconut Balls
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- ~6 Tablespoons coconut oil (I don’t really measure this. Start with a couple big scoops and add more as needed for your desired consistency.
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 4 tsps maca powder
- ~1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 tsps cinnamon (or more, to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. These amounts work perfectly in the small bowl on my food processor, but I do have a fairly large model.
- Process until everything makes a nice paste.
- Scoop out and form into small balls. Now that the weather is a little warmer, I will sometimes put the whole food processor bowl into the fridge for 10 minutes before this step.
- Once formed, store the balls in the refrigerator.
Some other delicious maca recipes: