This soup has become one of our winter staples. We make a batch on the weekend and then eat it throughout the week. We would probably get more mileage out of it if we froze some portions, but then what would I eat for breakfast??? lol
I like to serve it topped with hemp seeds or dairy-free shredded cheese, but there are many other options: bacon crumbles, sour cream, green onions to name a few.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 small leeks (or 1 large), chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into large chunks
- mix of potatoes–I ended up using 1 yukon gold and 5 medium red, cut into large chunks
- chicken broth–it took 3 cans and 10 muffin-sized frozen pucks of homemade broth to fill my crock pot. Could sub veggie broth to make it vegan
- seasoning: celery salt, garlic powder, pepper, and parsley
This is pretty literally a “chop it up and put it in the crock pot” recipe. I layered my ingredients in this order:
- 6 frozen pucks of chicken broth
- chopped onion
- chopped leeks
- chunked cauliflower
- 4 frozen pucks of chicken broth
- chunked potatoes
- seasonings–Add a little now and more after it cooks. I used A LOT of parsley and garlic.
- cans of chicken broth (um, opened and poured, obvs)
I cooked mine for 10 hours on low, mashed it up with a potato masher, and then let it cook for another hour.